So, you’ve recently checked the internet and surfed many websites to look over numerous popular custom kitchen cabinets Scarborough. Now, that you have got an idea about the type of personalized kitchen you would like to build, time for you to select your custom cabinetry.
However, as per your findings, several stores offer different materials for you conventional cabinetry and now you’re left confused?
Well, one of the most important aspects of kitchen cabinetry is selecting the correct material to support and compliment your pantry. Well, thankfully this article will discuss the pros and cons of the most common cabinet materials for custom kitchen cabinets Scarborough.
Cabinets made of solid hardwood are highly expensive and do not contain any portions of particle board or plywood. These might cost you a little but most classic custom kitchen cabinets Scarborough. use solid wood cabinets for various reasons:
- Firstly, these are durable and less susceptible to dents, scratches, and damages.
- Secondly, scathes or accidental dents on wood are easily repairable in most cases ranging from mild to serious.
- Solid hardwood can be customized in various ways and are naturally more appealing in the aesthetic sense.
The only disadvantage of wooden cabinets as compared to others is that they are expensive and can crack under adverse environmental conditions. For example, in case there is extensive moisture then wood can expand or contract and might split. Hence,
This is why it’s vital to ensure that you pick quality hardwood when it comes to developing custom pantry cabinetry. You can opt for white or red oak woods as these come with especially pronounced grain that delves out high quality and a traditional look. For a lighter coloring, it’s wise to pick hickory and hard maple wood.
In comparison to hardwood, the second most preferred choice for cabinet material of custom kitchens is veneer wood. Veneer Wood furniture is made by gluing several layers of wood veneer while ensuring that the grains are strategically placed over the thick core.
Now, while most people harbor under the impression that hardwood is ideal for long-lasting aesthetic kitchens, wood veneer is undoubtedly more convenient. Compared to hardwood that might corrode under environmental factors, wood veneer is constructed in a crisscross design and glued using aircraft adhesive which is very strong. Thus, this reduces the chance of wood veneer decomposing due to environmental reasons.
Additionally, if you opt for a veneer of the highest quality it’ll possess drawer and door fonts made of straight grain solid wood while the legs, posts, and doors will be made of wood veneer.
Now, there are several perks of wood veneer furniture for residential homes:
- Veneer offers the option of modern designs and can easily be adapted into making new custom styles as it is of the thinner structure. This veneer additionally, when glued to a substrate can be molded as per the requirements of your custom kitchen cabinets Scarborough.
- It’s environmentally friendly, as veneer mostly uses substrates of fiberboard and plywood. This leads to landowners cutting down poorer quality trees and hence leaving the older bigger trees to contribute to greener forests.
Well, now that you know of the veritable pros and cons of both the materials, pick the one that will suit the needs of your custom pantry best. Good Luck! To read more and know about exquisite Varieties of Custom kitchen Cabinets in Scarborough, click here!!